SQL is a standard programming language for accessing databases.
The SQL language is used to access and manipulate data in any database on the market, such as databases to MySQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Access.
SQL is a structured language and an ANSI standard for accessing and manipulating data from any database.
SQL is composed of SQL statements, each with a different value, including:
- Creating a database (CREATE DATABASE)
- Creation of a table (CREATE TABLE)
- Creating a view (CREATE VIEW)
- Creating an index on a table (CREATE INDEX)
- Creating stored procedures (CREATE PROCEDURE)
- Creating triggers (CREATE TRIGGER)
- Consult the data stored in a table (SELECT)
- Inserting data into a table (INSERT)
- Modify existing data in a table (UPDATE)
- Delete data stored in a table (DELETE)
- Give permission to access data from a table (GRANT)
- Delete permissions to access data in a table (REVOKE)
- End transaction of a SQL statement (COMMIT)
- Back transaction of an SQL statement (ROLLBACK)